• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What's your Favoritest plant ally?

TriputoryHeadicine

Bluelighter
Ashwagandha for me, as mentioned in a recent valerian root thread.

I'm recovering from whiplash, and I need to get off the comp before I do further damage...

I'll be baaaaack! To see what herbs each of you chose, that elevates your body&mind!

:D <3

Ganja has always been my crutch. I'm now practicing sobriety plus I'll go to jail if I use it, so it is now off the table until I have a serious medical problem that requires its use.

Ginko Biloba and Kale ftw

Kratom. My friend, my ally, my nemesis (from a bodybuilding perspective seeing as it requires an empty stomach to be truly effective but bodybuilding obviously requires SHEDLOADS of food to be consumed)

i dont really understand the original post, but my favorite plant "ally," i suppose, would be cannabis.

its very species-centric (perhaps, ego-centric?) to percieve plants as individuals within their ecosystems. humans do silly things like stick plants in confined spaces like pots and gardens, sort of like prison (i think humans do that shit to themselves too, go figure). plants are entirely integrated with each other, and each one on its own is nothing more than decorative without the ecosystem it is adapted to exist within. in any event, its hard for me to conceive a particular species of plant as individual. everything that exists in the plant world is an adaptive response to survival demand over time. therefore i perceive the entire plant phyla as one mind or one consciousness, and all of the plant world is my ally (rather, i am the servant of the great garden Earth).

picking a "favorite plant" is like picking the favorite cell in my body. i love them all and need all of them fully interacting with each other to survive.

bodybuilding obviously requires SHEDLOADS of food to be consumed

which is why i quit bodybuilding 2 years ago. its very unhealthy in the long term, puts immense strain on the various internal systems, most especially the digestive system. its a true life fast die hard mentality, with no real benefit (other than looking how you feel you are supposed to appear to others, i guess). i suppose being able to pick a 400lb object up and move it around is sometimes useful, but i have more things to do than be a pack mule.

weight training on its own isnt bad for the body, but bodybuilding is. if there were a way you could see your colon dying and degrading while your chest is puffing up, you might think twice too. of course, the same could be said for the lungs of cigarette smokers. out of sight, out of mind.

human beings are in no way evolved to engage in bodybuilding, in fact, bodybuilding is a science of exploiting all of our body's physiological systems. it literally does the exact opposite of what your body is designed for, survival.

given that quote, how long does a bodybuilder survive without very specific, non sustainable, foods which depend on advanced modern technology (and dare i say, the oil industry) to produce? not very long. the human body is a rugged machine designed for the long haul. bodybuilding defeats this evolutionary development, and requires the comforts and pampering of modern Western society.

Last edited:
quick note, food crops evolved in gardens. They have to be carefully tended by humans and don't live well in the wild.

^Indeed. There are several species of food crops that absolutely cannot survive without human intervention.

Cannabis
Camelia Sinensis
Hibiscus
Chamomile
Lemon Balm
Lemon Grass
Spear mint
Orange peel
Lemon peel
Passion Flower
Elderberries

"Peels" are not plants 8)
What I think you mean are fruits from the citrus genus. Likely citrus sinensis(Orange) and citrus limon(Lemon)

I am perfectly aware that the peel is not a plant

But it comes from the fruit of a plant... Didn't think I needed to be that specific and put the latin of every plant I listed.
same with the elderberries

Salvia Divinorum
Eurycoma Longifolia
Kale
Peyote

All of the above have never hurt me and always made me a lighter, brighter person.